Semalt: How To Block Website In Google Chrome
There are many instances where people may need to block websites access on their browsers. For example, it is necessary to restrict children access to some sites. Parents also need to remain with password protection rights of these firewalls to limit unauthorized entry to browser add-ons or specific websites. Commonly people block these websites manually or using file host technique. However, running commands may be a complicated procedure. This is why some people use Google Chrome extensions to restrict their website access.
In this SEO guideline, Jack Miller, a top expert of Semalt, defines one Chrome extension as an example of showing this technique.
How to block a site
This procedure is limited to Google Chrome users. However, other browsers which have this extension can also apply the technique to block websites. Moreover, the extension of interest here will be the SiteBlock extension. There are other extensions such as SpyVisit, but their functionality is more or less the same. Follow these steps:
- Launch Google Chrome and click 'settings.'
- In the settings menu, navigate to 'More tools' and click on 'extensions.'
- From here, you can go to 'more extensions.'
- This menu opens the Google Chrome web store. Just like popular app stores, search for 'SiteBlock' and click enter.
- Click 'add to Chrome' button to initiate the installation process and wait for it to complete.
When you follow this procedure, you should be able to control your browser and the websites which a person can visit. It is essential to notice that SiteBlock extension belongs to Google. You should not have any issues regarding the validity or the author of this software. This procedure needs you to add the sites which you need this extension to block. You can use this method to help you prevent these sites:
- On the Google search panel, you can be able to restrict sites from the SERP popups.
- You can also go to the settings.
- Go to manage extensions for your Chrome browser and select SiteBlock.
- From here, click 'options.'
- Add the web addresses of the websites you want to block under 'sites to block.'
- Remember to click 'save options'
You can also make a list of many websites which you do not want people to access. It is essential to exclude the 'www or https://' part of the website you are blocking. This method can ensure that you restrict all the domains regardless of the protocol. After saving these settings, you can test the addon by trying to access one of the sites in your blocked lists. The message "Blocked by SiteBlock extension" confirms the success of this technique.
There are many methods as to why people may want to block websites in their browsers. For instance, some parents may want to restrict children from accessing adult content websites. In these and much more cases, people may decide to use different techniques to prevent this access. This SEO guideline can show you how to block some websites using Chrome add-ons. From our simple add-on 'SIteBlock,' you can restrict the access of some domains or sites from your Chrome browser. You can also apply this procedure to other browsers using this or other extensions.